OsmoBTS on RAD1

Kurtis Heimerl kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 9 20:26:07 UTC 2014

Hey OpenBSC, Tom,

I've been working on getting OsmoBTS running on the recently open-sourced
Range Networks RAD1 radio. The code is available here:
https://github.com/kheimerl/vbts-openbts/tree/osmotrx. I am stuck now and I
was hoping the mailing list might be able to provide some perspective.

With the RAD1, the system is beaconing correctly. However, phones are
unable to camp. I logged a phone trying to camp on both the RAD1 and a B100
to compare the output and see if anything jumps out. The osmoBTS/osmo-nitb
logs are seemingly identical, but the transceiver outputs are different.
Both of the transceiver outputs are attached. The only big difference I see
is in the "underflows" on the RAD1, which in my experience is a
deal-breaker; that's not usually an easy fix.

Does anyone have a different perspective on what might be going on in here?

Thanks!