Sms via SMPP - Questions

Ludovic Rateau ludovic at rateau.org
Tue Sep 24 21:46:14 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on OsmoNITB software and i am very interested in SMPP features.

I have read some posts about SMPP in OSMONITB and i have some question
about how to make it works.

I have compiled openbsc ( based on
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/network_from_scratch ) with libsmpp34.
All is good.

When i start my OSMONITB, my netstat show listening port 2775.

But how to connect and send a SMS via SMPP?

I tried a little PHP script on github :
https://github.com/onlinecity/php-smpp

But i couldn't connect : INVALID SERVER ID Error 0xf

Do i need to put a USERNAME and PASSWORD ?
When i looked the code : in accept-all mode, all username and password are
corrects.
My BTS is in accept-all mode but i couldn't connect.

So I tried an another program in C. And same error.

Have you fixed this problem ? Is it working for you ?

Second, Is there a mechanism to pass SMS from OSMONITB to an another server
via SMPP ?

Thanks for your help.

--
*Ludovic RATEAU*