Meet us at AfricaCom

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Nov 12 17:31:52 UTC 2013

Dear Alexander,

please immediately stop using this (or any other osmocom.org mailing
list) for commercial advertisement and marketing of any sort.

If you check the history of this list, you will notice that Holger and I
at sysmoco always have drawn a _very_ clear line and did never abuse the
community lists for any kind of spam.  Despite us funding the
OsmoDevCon, paying for osmocom.org hosting, etc.  The same holds true
for the *.osmocom.org web sites.  We expect the same discretion from
other subscribers.

To be honest, I would have expected more sensitivity from you regarding
the use of FOSS community communication channels for unsolicited
commercial email.

I will immediately remove your advertisement from the list archives.

The only posts of commercial nature that I can recall are the occasional
single-unit second hand sale of nanoBTSs and related equipment by
individual subscribers.  I consider that fair use, as it is of course in
the interest of OpenBSC to enable community members to get access to
inexpensive equipment for R&D, testing, etc.