Hard reset NanoBTS after forgetting static IP

Jean jean_dessal at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 17 18:35:57 UTC 2013

Luca Bongiorni <ml <at> bongiorni.eu> writes:

> Hey there,
> I have come across a nanoBTS 165AU but since is used and not tested from
the previous owner, I guess it has set a
> static IP.
> After turned on is booting (RED light) and then remains (ORANGE not
flashing) even if the eth is connected to
> the router.
>
> At the moment I am trying with ipaccess-find and BtsInstaller to find in
on my LAN .
> Unfortunately it is not answering and is not even getting an IP from the
router by the DHCP daemon.

> Two possibilities, I have thought:
> an hw/sw issue;
> a Static IP is set.
>
> Supposing that is the 2nd possibility, I was thinking:
> to change private class of my LAN, to see if it changes something;
> to make an hard reset of the bts.
>
> Do you know if it possible to reset in someway?
> Ever happened this issue to you guys?
> Suggestions or insults are welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Cheers,
> Luca
>
> P.S.: I don't recall exactly, but one time I heard that is possible to
reset by short-circuiting some pins of
> the LAN/48VDC eth connector. Is it right?!

Hi Luca;

Kindly is it possible to share the procedure you use to configure your
NanoBTS? I have one from ip.access to commissioner and put in service but I
don't have any procedure. my email is jean_dessal at yahoo.fr

Thanks in advance
Jean