Hard reset NanoBTS after forgetting static IP

Kevin Redon ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Tue Nov 19 16:43:38 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Jean's message of 2013-11-17 19:35:57 +0100:
> > P.S.: I don't recall exactly, but one time I heard that is possible to
> reset by short-circuiting some pins of
> > the LAN/48VDC eth connector. Is it right?!

Here the procedure I used to reset the configuration of my nanoBTS (which defaults to DHCP):
- power off the nanoBTS
- short the pin 9+10 on the TIB+IN port (the one farest away from TIB+OUT). You could use a 10P10C connector (RJ50/RJ69). I used a small flat screwdriver.
- power on the nanoBTS. The boot (LED on RED) will take longer then usual. At the end the LED will blink RED rapidly
- power off the nanoBTS
- remove the short from TIB+IN
- power up the nanoBTS
- it will be reseted (the LED will first be RED will booting, then blink red/green to tell that the UID has not been set

hope it helps,
kevin