Help with Asterisk setup to stop Openbsc registering handsets

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:18:48 UTC 2013

Adam,

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Adam B <boardsofcanada at live.co.uk> wrote:
> Anyway my problem is that I don't know how to prevent OpenBSC from using its
> own HLR and instead forward all phones that want to register to my nanoBTS
> to do so via Asterisk.

Unfortunately, NITB doesn't have an external interface for
registrations yet and thus LCR can't forward them to SIP.

We use Freeswitch instead of Asterisk and there we configure
Freeswitch in "gateway" mode. In this mode where FS doesn't take
decision about a user availability bu itself, it just forwards all
calls to relevant interface (LCR SIP interface in this case).

Adding an external interface for user registration to NITB and
converting it to SIP would be a great step towards a more SIP-friendly
architecture. Feel free to contribute ;)

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru