Help with Asterisk setup to stop Openbsc registering handsets

Adam B boardsofcanada at live.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 14:47:36 UTC 2013

Thanks guys for your help

I've been using OpenBTS too long and assumed setting up asterisk with the nanoBTS with NITB would operate with similar configurations. I couldnt quite understand why there was no pairing of IMSI's in the asterisk configs but that is all self explanitory now and thus I now have calls routing through (all be it with no audio yet!) but I am sure that will be solved easily.  I am mainly wanting to use Asterisk integration so I can use this to inject SMS's and have full control of the entire PDU to send different types of SMS. I chose Asterisk purely because I have a set up to do this with openBTS but wanting to upgrade to nanoBTS.  Maybe I am trying to create something that has no doubt been done before but I can't find any documentation on how send a full SMS-Deliver PDU in to the nanoBTS.  Any knowledge or pointers here would be great, this is something that I wouldnt mind to contribute to if there is not this type of capability already available. Regards
Adam