Help with Asterisk setup to stop Openbsc registering handsets

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Jul 5 12:02:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 11:47:10AM +0100, Adam B wrote:
> Anyway my problem is that I don't know how to prevent OpenBSC from
> using its own HLR and instead forward all phones that want to register
> to my nanoBTS to do so via Asterisk.

This is how it is intended to function.  You are using a NITB (network
in the box), which is explicitly specified to include a
HLR/AUC/VLR/MSC/BSC/SMSC functionality.

> This is causing me grief because asterisk is its verbose logs is
> providing me this error when I try to make a call:

Then your configuration is inconsistent.  Either you have provisioned a
subscriber in the HLR (specifying his MSISDN as OsmoNITB 'extension'),
then it should also be known to your Asterisk installation.  Or you have
not provisioned the subscriber, and then you never get a call.