GPRS and PDP Context

John Otten john.e.otten at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:18:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> ☎ wrote:
> > I have similar setup although in my case it doesn't work at all.
> ..
> > /etc/osmo_sgsn.cfg:
> ..
> > ns
> ..
> >  encapsulation udp local-ip 192.168.10.53
> >  encapsulation udp local-port 23000
>
> > /etc/openbsc.cfg:
> ..
> >  bts 0
> ..
> >   gprs nsvc 0 local udp port 23000
> >   gprs nsvc 0 remote udp port 23000
> >   gprs nsvc 0 remote ip 192.168.10.53
>
> I don't think both processes can use the same port; move one of them
> and configure the other accordingly.
>

> //Peter

Hmm...  They are both set to the same port in my openbsc.cfg (which appears
to be working).  The main GPRS page (
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_GPRS) has them both the same
when discussing the OpenBSC configuration. Should they be different? Could
my version be working because I have aliased some IP addresses on my system?

I don't want to modify a working configuration to find out, but if making
them different is a good plan, I would want to explore that option.

Thanks,
John