GPRS and PDP Context

Max.Suraev at fairwaves.ru
Tue Sep 25 14:47:56 UTC 2012

21.09.2012 09:24, Harald Welte пишет:
> Obtaining an IP address is the _last_ activity, after many other things.
> NS/BSSGP is up.  Next you should see some GPRS ATTACH / GPRS ROUTING
> AREA UPDATE.  Only after that, you can get to PDP CONTEXT ACTIVATE and
> finally IP traffic.

Despite my efforts to make use of logging system I do not see anything like  GPRS
ATTACH / GPRS ROUTING AREA UPDATE.

So either I'm not running enough logging or failure is lurking somewhere in previous
steps.
Hence the questions:

- who exactly will report "GPRS ATTACH / GPRS ROUTING AREA UPDATE" messages?
- how do I check that NS/BSSGP is up?

--
best regards,
Max, http://fairwaves.ru