OpenBSC with Dahdi+Asterisk and several BTS

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Mon Jun 4 07:38:11 UTC 2012

Hi Ellen,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 09:23:21AM +0200, Ellen Apolinar wrote:
> Before OpenBSC runs with another BTS than those which are supported yet I
> have to build an openbsc.cfg-file. That's is what I think I should do. I
> don't know if there are other configurations to do.

adding support for a BTS model is not just a matter of writing a
configuration file. The details of the used A-bis dialect have to be
implemented inside of OpenBSC before it makes sense to touch a config
file.

To do that you should have:
* One of the BTSs
* A lab environment
* Protocol traces of the A-bis link during startup and usage
* C programming skills
* Time

Right now you can only use the known BTS models with OpenBSC OOTB.

I hope that helps making the situation clearer.

Kind regards,
-Alexander Huemer