OpenBSC with Dahdi+Asterisk and several BTS

Ellen Apolinar ellen.apolinar.td at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 4 07:23:21 UTC 2012

Hey Guys,

thanks a lot for your answers.

@Peter:
I want to test OpenBSC without BTS because the installation has to be ready
in the end of the week and in the moment there is no BTS which I can test
if it works. In the end I want to connect OpenBSC with several BTS. Before
OpenBSC runs with another BTS than those which are supported yet I have to
build an openbsc.cfg-file. That's is what I think I should do. I don't know
if there are other configurations to do. There is no way to use OpenBSC
which one of the BTS which are supported now. It has to work which one
other BTS.

@Michael:
I installed telnet and followed your steps but I get following message:

> /etc/openbsc/doc/examples# telnet localhost 4242
> Trying 127.0.0.1...

As I did:

> telnet localhost

I got:

> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Ubuntu 11.10
> ctdi-HP-Compaq-dc7100-CMT-PE219ET login: ctdi
> Password:
> Welcome to Ubuntu 11.10 (GNU/Linux 3.0.22 i686)
>
>  * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/
>

> The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
> the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
> individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
>
> Ubuntu comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by
> applicable law.

 As I did:

> telnet localhost 4242

I got:

> Trying 127.0.0.1...

I unloaded hfcmulti, mISDN_dsp, mISDN_core, started dahdi, but if I want to
start OpenBSC I get:

> /etc/openbsc/src/osmo-nitb# ./osmo-nitb -c openbsc.cfg
> <0005> bsc_init.c:512 Error enabling E1 input driver

Perhaps I did something wrong as I want to load the driver, because I have
an HFC-E1 card but dmesg shows:
dmesg

> dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
> dahdi: Version: 2.4.1
> *vzaphfc: HFC-S PCI A ISDN (V1.42) loading*

Wish you a nice day.

Best regards.
Ellen