OpenBSC development

Labs rp.labs at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 10 20:03:52 UTC 2012

On 10-Jan-12 11:40, nordin wrote:
> If you have a nanoBTS, you can install/setup and run your own network
> very easy. There is no E1 interface needed or a special lib or a
> modified kernel or something. Just install debian and other libs you can
> easily install it with apt, git-clone the project and connect the bts
> with a utp-cable and you're on the go.
> If I can do it, I'm sure everybody else can do it.

I installed today Debian and compiled OpenBSC in a VMware machine
according to the guide here:

http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Building_OpenBSC

After this I tried to load run osmo-nitb -c and one example config and I
got the error:

"(000) telnet_interface.c:85 Telnet interface failed to bind"

After 4 hours of searching and trying to see what is wrong I just quit.

> When you get that running, than you can talk about lack of
> documentation, or better design or whatever.
> Good luck.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with that error?

I don't have access to any nanoBTS and apparently is hard to get one.
I have other BTS units to test with but all are using E1 and I don't
have any PCI E1 card. After I will see it running in a VM I will try to
use a Cisco router to send the Abis from E1 to ethernet in VM.

Regards,
R.