OsmoDevCon: Radiomodem / FEC

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:54:30 UTC 2012

Hi Harald,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:03, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Hi Dieter and others,
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 07:53:47PM +0000, Dieter Spaar wrote:
>> > I could also give a more detailed presentation on the radiomodem and
>> > FEC parts of OpenBTS if there is interest in such low-layer details,
>> > maybe on Monday afternoon if there are still people around.
>>
>> I am interested too, however I have to leave on Monday afternoon. But
>> if I am the only one affected there is of course no need to change the
>> schedule.
>
> Well, I see the following options:
>
> Option 0) if there is consensus to move some other topic to monday afternoon
> in order to free some slot for the radiomodem/TRX, I am happy to alter
> the schedule.
>
> Option 1) Also, we could make some other slot smaller.  But at least I'm
> feeling a bit difficult to do so without any input from you.
> We might reduce UMTS and Smalltalk projects to one hour each, freeing
> one hour for radiomodem+FEC on Sunday.  We might also do the same with
> Core network protocols + implementation, but they're really quite
> complex and I was hoping to get more people involved in them...

I would be happy to reduce my UmTRX talk from 1h to 20-30min if this
helps. I don't think there will be a lot to tell or discuss about
UmTRX. The only thing which may cause a discussion is the way of
open-sourcing hardware. I would love to get feedback on this from
everyone, but I'm not sure whether audience will be interested in this
topic or not.

Then, I think we could shrink GPRS from 2h to 1.5h and have a followup
discussion at free time if needed. I'm not sure how many people will
be really interested in 2h long discussion on a very specific topic.
Well, unless you plan to do a long intro on GPRS architecture.

Alexander Chemeris.