OsmoDevCon: Radiomodem / FEC

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Feb 21 08:03:54 UTC 2012

Hi Dieter and others,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 07:53:47PM +0000, Dieter Spaar wrote:
> > I could also give a more detailed presentation on the radiomodem and
> > FEC parts of OpenBTS if there is interest in such low-layer details,
> > maybe on Monday afternoon if there are still people around.
>
> I am interested too, however I have to leave on Monday afternoon. But
> if I am the only one affected there is of course no need to change the
> schedule.

Well, I see the following options:

Option 0) if there is consensus to move some other topic to monday afternoon
in order to free some slot for the radiomodem/TRX, I am happy to alter
the schedule.

Option 1) Also, we could make some other slot smaller.  But at least I'm
feeling a bit difficult to do so without any input from you.
We might reduce UMTS and Smalltalk projects to one hour each, freeing
one hour for radiomodem+FEC on Sunday.  We might also do the same with
Core network protocols + implementation, but they're really quite
complex and I was hoping to get more people involved in them...

Option 2) We simply do it at one of the nights after dinner

Option 3) We convince David to have his lunch a bit later while we
all enjoy eating Pizza + listening to his talk during the lunch break.
Ok, that would be unfair, wouldn't it? ;)