OsmoDevCon updated schedule (was Re: OsmoDevCon: Radiomodem / FEC)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 26 10:43:43 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander and others,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:54:30PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:

> I would be happy to reduce my UmTRX talk from 1h to 20-30min if this
> helps. I don't think there will be a lot to tell or discuss about
> UmTRX. The only thing which may cause a discussion is the way of
> open-sourcing hardware. I would love to get feedback on this from
> everyone, but I'm not sure whether audience will be interested in this
> topic or not.

Ok, noted.  I also agree it might probably not require a full hour.
Thus, I have made it to 30 mins and added the osmo-codegen topic into
the remaining 30mins.

> Then, I think we could shrink GPRS from 2h to 1.5h and have a followup
> discussion at free time if needed. I'm not sure how many people will
> be really interested in 2h long discussion on a very specific topic.
> Well, unless you plan to do a long intro on GPRS architecture.

I've removed osmo-codegen from the list of topics and reduced it to one
hour in order to make space for David.  Hope this is ok...

Regarding the GPRS topics: I think it would help to have some technical
information on what kind of tasks the PCU all needs to implement, as I
guess not everyone is very familiar with it.

The updated schedule is now on the official OsmoDevCon2012 page:

https://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OsmoDevCon2012#Schedule