oml and RSL - 2nd try

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Mar 17 12:31:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 01:20:47PM +0100, Thomas Ansorg wrote:
> hello
> ok, lets try it again:
> do the oml and rsl settings have to be identical? for example: one bts
> is set to port 0, ts 1, tei 25. the cfg entry would be "oml e1 line 0
> timeslot 1 sub-slot full" and "rsl e1 line 0 timeslot 1 sub-slot full",
> right?
>
> the cited link is useless, i kno it already, doesnt answer my question.
> what i wanted to know is why we have 2 types of settings (oml and rsl)
> which are identical, cause that told the openbsc.cfg. why do we need 2
> settings that configure the same? or was the assumption above wrong?

why is it so difficult to understand that two different LAPD connections (on
different SAPI) can either co-incide on the same E1 timeslot or run on
different ones? Some BTSs support this (like Ericsson RBS2000), and OpenBSC
supports it, too.   Also, if you use A-bis concentrators, you might have even
more than two LAPD connections on the same timeslot.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>          	        http://gnumonks.org/