Adding patches to wireshark...

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:12:45 UTC 2011

> I have downloaded the sources from debian wireshark , even I have compiled
> it when I tired to install the patch ...

I compiled a new wireshark (based on the 1.4.2 sources, but from
svn/git will probably be easier) this week end and the patch may not
apply totally cleanly and you will need tweaks and such ...

Totally new dissectors might also require a autoreconf -i  (so you'd
better know autotools and how to solve those issue as well, google for
it)

But any decent programmer should have no trouble fixing all that by himself.
All this is provided "AS-IS" and making it work for your specific
setup is up to you.

Cheers,

    Sylvain