Reply:- Need help on Open BSC code.

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Oct 7 13:02:09 UTC 2010

On 10/07/2010 08:45 PM, tejas oza wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> Right now we do not have any BTS but we are going to have nano BTS  it soon.
> So we are trying to communicate between BSC and MSC only without having BTS.
>
> We created openbsc.cfg file and tried to avoid the BTS configuration in it and
> run but with no success.

Well, you decided to copy to a config for the Siemens BS11... if you copy one
of the examples for the nanoBTS the BSC should come up, if your address of the
MSC (nowadays it is better to put it into the bsc.cfg) is correct, the BSC
will connect to it and send a GSM0808 RESET to it.

All you can test without a BSC is to send Paging messages from the MSC to the
BSC (as they do not require any connection).

Do you have a link to your university project?