Reply:- Need help on Open BSC code.

tejas oza ozmank8 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:13:42 UTC 2010

Hi Holger,

We are able to connect to MSC but after it gets connected, it throws below
error:-

ozmank at ozmank-desktop:~/libosmocore/openbsc/openbsc/src$
./bsc_msc_ipBootstraping the network. Sending GSM08.08 reset.
<000f> bsc_msc.c:135 Attempting to connect MSC at 130.238.15.219 :58620
<000f> bsc_msc.c:168 MSC Connection in progress
<000f> bsc_msc.c:97 (Re)Connected to the MSC.
<000d> input/ipaccess.c:323 Can not read this packet. 12336 avail
Failed to parse ip access message: -5
<000d> input/ipaccess.c:331 short read! Got 4 from 114
Failed to parse ip access message: -5
<000f> bsc_msc_ip.c:1047 The connection to the MSC was lost.
<000f> bsc_msc_ip.c:976 Lost MSC connection. Freing stuff.

So We are wonder that if we are sending some wrong packet OR wrong packet
format from MSC to BSC as it is throwing cannot read the packet.

Can you Please advice.

--
Thanks & Regards

Tejas  Oza