socket problem

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:20:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

> I want to run two different nanoBTS s with different network parameters(MCC,
> MNC), at the same time. I think it is not possible in one configuration
> file. Instead, I tried to run two bsc_hack with different configuration
> files at the same time on the same PC. However, I got a socket problem for
> second bsc_hack (Could not bind socket. Already in use.)

Obviously ... you can't start two bsc_hack on the same machine since
they use the same ports ...

> What should i do
> to solve this. Should i modify the  code or do something else.

First, I'm not sure a single IP will workout at all because AFAIK you
can only specify a OML IP to your nanoBTS and not a port.

So basically you'll need to put two IP on your network interface and
go through all the source code and see where it opens a listening
socket on 0.0.0.0 and replace that "ANY" address by a specific IP
address (taken from cmd line or something). You'll also need to take
care of the vty port.

Cheers,

    Sylvain