Help by connecting OpenBSC with Asterisk

Luca Bertoncello bertoncello at netzing.de
Mon Jul 5 07:08:07 UTC 2010

Hi, List!

I have now to connect OpenBSC with Asterisk, in order to use a
VoIP-phone to call mobiles (and viceversa).
I found this HowTo: http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_LCR

Since I don't know Asterisk I'm not sure if it is what I really need...

In the HowTo 2 ISDN-Cards are used. Need I really these? I'm using a
nanoBTS (accessed over Ethernet), so I think I don't need the Cologne
Chips E1 PCI card. Is it right?

Then, at least as first step, I don't want to connect my Asterisk with
the rest of the world.
I really want to create my own test-network with a VoiIP-phone and a
couple of mobiles.
Do I really need a ISDN-card?

And last, but not least, (as I said, I don't know Asterisk!!), how can
I decide, that a number I choose from mobile or VoiIP-phone is a mobile
or a VoiIP-phone?

Maybe there is a running configuration of Asterisk I can use as example?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Luca Bertoncello
Entwicklung                               Mail:  bertoncello at netzing.de

NETZING Solutions AG                      Tel.:  0351/41381 - 0
Kesselsdorfer Str. 216, 01169 Dresden     Fax:   0351/41381 - 12
HRB 18926 / Ust.ID DE211326547            Mail:  netzing.ag at netzing.de