Help by connecting OpenBSC with Asterisk

codec codec at muc.ccc.de
Mon Jul 5 14:12:36 UTC 2010

Hi Luca,

On 7/5/10 9:08 AM, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> In the HowTo 2 ISDN-Cards are used. Need I really these? I'm using a
> nanoBTS (accessed over Ethernet), so I think I don't need the Cologne
> Chips E1 PCI card. Is it right?

I use a E1 card because we run on a BS-11 microBTS where the E1 link
provides general uplink and the ABIS protocol. You should be fine
without it.

> Maybe there is a running configuration of Asterisk I can use as example?

As I don't have access to a nanoBTS I never tried it, but you could take
a look at Sylvain's chan_openbsc for Asterisk
(http://github.com/smunaut/ast_chan_openbsc).

cheers, codec