OpenBSC, nanoBTS and Asterisk integration

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Sep 28 05:34:07 UTC 2009

Hi Sylvain,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 07:35:05PM +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> This week end I started coding a channel driver to integrate OpenBSC
> and Asterisk directly.
> You can find the code here http://github.com/smunaut/ast_chan_openbsc

thanks, this is exciting news.  Please keep us posted.  If yo think it is worth
putting this in the OpenBSC git, or at least hosting it on
openbsc.gnumonks.org, I'm very open to that.

Or are you planning to actually submit this into asterisk mainline, then
of course any repo you use now is meant to be only temporary.

> This latest code is not public yet because it's just a big mess and
> only take care of setup and not cleanup (so you can do 1 call and then
> restart :)

that's not enough reason to not have it in a separate branch in your git
repo, one that you delete as soon as you have merged a cleaned-up version
to the master branch :)

> OTOH, my time is limited and I split it between OpenBSC, OpenBTS and
> airprobe so some weeks may be slow.

sure, don't worry.  We all know that feeling...