OpenBSC, nanoBTS and Asterisk integration

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:35:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

This week end I started coding a channel driver to integrate OpenBSC
and Asterisk directly.
You can find the code here http://github.com/smunaut/ast_chan_openbsc

The current public version is what I coded this Saturday, it doesn't
do much, only registers itself as a channel driver and runs the
openBSC core within asterisk. It will work only for the ip.access at
first (at least) because I'm directly bridging the RTP audio from the
nanoBTS to the RTP subsystem of Asterisk.

I spent a good part of today hacking together enough code to make a
call and it worked, I got bidirectional audio.
This latest code is not public yet because it's just a big mess and
only take care of setup and not cleanup (so you can do 1 call and then
restart :) With this hack, I just wanted to confirm that it could work
without too much problem. I will try to clean it up ASAP and publish
it so that there is a minimal functionality testable :)

OTOH, my time is limited and I split it between OpenBSC, OpenBTS and
airprobe so some weeks may be slow.

    Sylvain