BS11 in Berlin? Re: Musings on public API

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed May 20 01:21:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:28:46PM +0200, Lars Immisch wrote:

> I just wanted to ask whether there is a BS11 that I could have a look
> at/play with in Berlin?  Does the Club have one or the c-base?

The CCC Berlin has one, it is located underneath the lab table in the basement.

> Whom could I kindly ask for a short introduction?

nibbler is probably the only one who is currently in Berlin and who has
played with it.  Both zecke and myself are in Taiwan at the moment.

> I have experience with Telekom standards/E1/ISDN.

I know :)

> Telekom applications always need timers and interfaces to other systems,
> and a reactor-style event loop with timers is nearly always the way to
> go. You've already got a select loop and timers - why not package it in
> a separate lib?

well, I think we'll just see how OpenBSC is going to be used in order to
see whether the timer interface is needed or not.

> Or offer integration with libevent?
> (http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/)

might be an option, but I'm personally not particularly happy about adding
external dependencies unless there's a strong need.

btw: Do you have any patches for fixing compilation on OS X ?

Cheers,