BS11 in Berlin? Re: Musings on public API

Tue May 19 23:22:08 UTC 2009

Yes, as far as I know there ist a private BS11 from Harald located at
CCCB (correct me if I am wrong).
Also there are some BS11 located at the BHT University Berlin (TFH).
If you want to see them in action just tell me ;)

I will be also from 21. at SIGINT in Cologne, so if you have time to
meet me there...

Best regards
Björn

Am 19.05.2009 um 22:28 schrieb Lars Immisch:

> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to ask whether there is a BS11 that I could have a
> look at/play with in Berlin?  Does the Club have one or the c-base?
>
> Whom could I kindly ask for a short introduction?
>
> I have experience with Telekom standards/E1/ISDN.
>
>>> I just tried to come up with a patch to prefix the timer functions
>>> with bsc_ and started to think about public API. The thing is we
>>> only need to properly prefix symbols we intend to export. I don't
>>> think we will export timers.
>> well, it basically depens on how you want to see openbsc/libbsc.
>> If you treat it as a library, then of course exporting timers is a
>> stupid
>> idea.  However, if OpenBSC is an application program / daemon that
>> also
>> supports plugins, then providing infrastructure such as timers to the
>> plugins is a good idea.
>

> I might be off base here, and I haven't looked at the code beyond
> getting it to compile on OS X, but:
>
> Telekom applications always need timers and interfaces to other
> systems, and a reactor-style event loop with timers is nearly always
> the way to go. You've already got a select loop and timers - why not
> package it in a separate lib?
>
> Or offer integration with libevent? (http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/
> )
>
> - Lars