Problem with installing OpenBSC on Centos 4

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Thu May 14 18:41:47 UTC 2009

Hello Nordin,

On Thu, 14 May 2009 17:26:22 +0200, "Nordin" <bouchtaoui at gmail.com> wrote:

> Than I executed the bsc_hack for the nanoBTS (thus I give the
> appropriate parameters as described on the webpage), and I get the
> following error:
> DB: Database initialized.
> DB: Database prepared.
> mi_setup could not open socket Address family not supported by protocol

Do you really provide the correct parameters to bsc_hack ? The
current version of bsc_hack requires the parameter "-t nanobts900"
or "-t nanobts1800", depending on the type of the nanoBTS you have.
If you don't specify the type, the BS-11 is used.

Additionally be sure to specify the ARFCN for a nanoBTS 1800 because
otherwise the default GSM900 channel 123 will be used which does not
work for DCS1800.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de