Problem with installing OpenBSC on Centos 4

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Thu May 14 15:26:22 UTC 2009

Hello friends,

I've tried to get openbsc running on CentOS, but because of a missing
driver (which interfaces between libdbi and sqlite3) it was not a
succes. So I removed CentOS and installed Debian Lenny, as I kinda
noticed most of you work with Debian.

Anyway I managed to install and configure the openbsc with some
exceptions. Because I don't use BS-11, but a nanoBTS instead, so I
didn't patched the kernel for the mISDN card.

I tried the ipaccess-find first, which worked (after I modified my ip
hardcoded in the source).
Than I tried to configure the nanoBTS using the ipaccess-config as
described in this site http://bs11-abis.gnumonks.org/trac/wiki/nanoBTS,
but with our ip addresses ofcrouse.
That seems to work, but the program doesn't return, I don't know if that
is the case. I assume I get response if the nanoBTS gets connected with
the OpenBSC.

Than I executed the bsc_hack for the nanoBTS (thus I give the
appropriate parameters as described on the webpage), and I get the
following error:
DB: Database initialized.
DB: Database prepared.
mi_setup could not open socket Address family not supported by protocol

Can someone please tell me where to look at?
If it's a simple error, just tell me which source does something with
mi_setup, otherwise more info would be fine.
Thank you.

P.S.: I'm a bit new to Linux, so please be patient with me.