BS-11, bs11_config

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Wed Mar 4 13:15:29 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

finally i found some time to unwrap my precious BS-11 and started
playing. Unfortuantely i did not get to far...
I managed to build the power cable, install the antenna, hook up
the serial cable to a debian box and install the openbsc software.

I followed the steps in the wiki, e.g. run "bs11_config -p /dev/ttyS0"
and then turn on the BS-11. The green power LED on the BS-11 is solid
green. But i do not get any output from the bs11_config (e.g. no
booting messages, etc). :-(
Sometimes bs11_config segfaults when i switch on the power to the BS-11:

 bs11_config -p /dev/ttyS0
bs11_config (C) 2009 by Harald Welte and Dieter Spaar
This is FREE SOFTWARE with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Invalid length in hdr: 0
Segmentation fault

The serial cable is connected to the serial port (1 of 4) which is
closest to the antenna connectors (like i have seen it on the photo).

What did i do wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help. :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
--
best regards

Klaus-Peter Junghanns
--
Junghanns.NET Gesellschaft fuer Internet-Services & Software-Development
mbH

Geschaeftsfuehrer : Klaus-Peter Junghanns
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 79169

Finanzamt fuer Koerperschaften III, Steuernummer 29/409/8978
Umsatzsteuernummer : DE 217621658
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 86102730