HAR2009 TODO list

codec codec at muc.ccc.de
Tue Jul 28 18:49:46 UTC 2009

hi,

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:02:42 +0200
"Andreas.Eversberg" <Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de> wrote:
> i am looking forward to be at 26C3. i doubt that we can get a
> frequency for a test network on the 900 band, because all frequencies
> are assigned to GSM operators. therefore only nanoBTS1800 can be run
> legaly with a test license of "bundesnetzagentur". currently the
> application interface does not support audio streams of the nanoBTS,
> so other networks (ISDN/DECT/SIP) cannot be connected yet. i would
> like to finish audio processing for nanoBTS. can you provide me with
> some pcap files? a short complete call (few seconds) of one rtp
> session (including setup, some spoken words, and termination) would
> help. also the call must be made with full rate codec, so i can test
> the playload on the GSM codec i have. (not the enhanced full rate
> codec)

i've been talking to the bundesnetzagentur about test frequencies and
temporary event frequencies for the SIGINT in cologne. i've actually
made it through the whole bureaucratic process, but they had to reject
us, because we applied to late (guess it takes >2 weeks, we applied 5
days before the event ;).

they didn't sound like there's no way we can get a frequency. but they
told me that we are NOT allowed to connect our network to the normal
telephone network (e.g. via eventphone).

so, i might talk to the bundesnetzagentur about 26c3 if you want.

cheers, codec