application TCH support for nanoBTS

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Wed Jul 29 12:26:47 UTC 2009

Hello Harald,

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:58:46 CEST, "Dieter Spaar" <spaar at mirider.augusta.de> wrote:

> I just took a quick look at the dump with Wireshark, its possible to
> safe the raw RTP payload from within Wireshark and it looks OK (31-byte
> EFR packages starting with 0xC in the high nibble). However I have
> no ready-made EFR decoder available so I can't decode the speech.

I did play a little bit with the EFR reference implementation from
GSM 06.35. Its possible to convert the data and I can understand a few
words (a "Yes" at the beginning and a "Bye" at the end). However it seems
that several RTP packages are missing, also the RTP Analysis Tool of
Wireshark says so (according to it more than 80% is missing). Anyway,
basically EFR decoding seems to work as expected.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de