OpenBSC with 2.5G or 3G mobile devices support? / Tested Phones

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Tue Jul 7 15:35:31 UTC 2009

Hello Nordin,

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:08:22 +0200, "Nordin" <bouchtaoui at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have good news now, I'm able to register to our bts manually. What I
> did is download the latest openbsc sources and compiled the whole
> project, that's it. I downloaded the project using git via port 80, I
> posted a mail about that. So I guess the GPRS in the Rest Octets have
> nothing to do, just the SIs were not complete. I'll analyze what went
> wrong with the SIs.

You don't mention which git branch you use, so its probably the
master branch. If you look at the recent changes you will notice
that the SYSTEM INFORMATION 3 and 4 rest octets are now set to the
padding bytes which means they contain no information (which also
means no GPRS). So this is the most important part where you have
to look for differences.

I can confirm that a HTC Touch Pro will not register to the BTS
if the GPRS indication is set, it will register if it is not set.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de