OpenBSC with 2.5G or 3G mobile devices support? / Tested Phones

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:08:22 UTC 2009

> With the modification I have sent I can register a HTC Touch Pro to
> the BS11 and the nanoBTS 1800. If GPRS is set in SYSTEM INFORMATION 3,
> the phone will not register.
>
> The process is a bit unstable, if the phone is powered on, the
> location update works as expected, if I try to register manually,
> it sometime fails without actually communication with the BTS.
> I don't know the reason for this behaviour yet.

I have good news now, I'm able to register to our bts manually. What I
did is download the latest openbsc sources and compiled the whole
project, that's it. I downloaded the project using git via port 80, I
posted a mail about that. So I guess the GPRS in the Rest Octets have
nothing to do, just the SIs were not complete. I'll analyze what went
wrong with the SIs.

Oooh I forgot to mention that I use HTC Artemis (3030 I guess).