Some questions about OpenBSC / BS-11

Sergey V. Efimoff risky at mail.ru
Mon Aug 31 11:11:26 UTC 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 11:56 AM, openbsc at elxsi.de wrote:

> BS11 Attributes" a line: E1 Channel: Port=255 Timeslot=161 Subslot=39
> This looks completely broken (misparsed by bs11_config?)

It is okay, I see similiar message with my BS-11.

> Another issue are the Set- and Work-values of the Phase-Locked-Loop:
> We synchronized it with the ISDN network (isdnsync) and it leveled
> off to
> 1104 for the Work-Value, Set-Value, however, is 1082. I suspect this
> is
> ok and set-value is some informational value only (perhaps the value
> of the last calibration?).

What type of E1 adapter do you use? If you use an accurate clock source,
Work and Set values should be similiar (I have Set Value 1024, Work
value 1023,
and I've used Nateks E1 SDH Mux with High-Stability Stratum oscillator
when
calibrating). See http://bs11-abis.gnumonks.org/trac/wiki/isdnsync

> One more question about the radio carrier: On startup of bsc_hack we
> get
> the following message:
> OC=RADIO CARRIER(02) INST=(00,01,ff) STATE CHG: OP_STATE=Disabled
> AVAIL=In test(00)
> Is this normal behaviour?

Of course, no. This means that you have no carrier turned on. It is
very helpful to
use spectrum analyzer in order to ensure that you have correct carrier
with correct
frequency according to the selected ARFCN.

> Apart from all this questions, does anyone have some more hints what
> we
> should look at? We tried different cell phones, tried switching them
> off
> and on, but without any success.
> We're using the latest git version of openbsc.

What version of Linux kernel and mISDN do you use? I had some problems
with
built-in mISDN also, and get all the stuff working after downloading
and installing latest mISDN
stack from misdn.org

Sergey.