Some questions about OpenBSC / BS-11

openbsc at elxsi.de openbsc at elxsi.de
Mon Aug 31 07:56:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

we have some troubles finding the network on our cell-phones. There are
a lot of suspicious messages, we can't really make sense out of.

Example: bs11_config_query shows the following line:

BS11 Attributes" a line: E1 Channel: Port=255 Timeslot=161 Subslot=39

This looks completely broken (misparsed by bs11_config?)

Another issue are the Set- and Work-values of the Phase-Locked-Loop:

We synchronized it with the ISDN network (isdnsync) and it leveled off to
1104 for the Work-Value, Set-Value, however, is 1082. I suspect this is
ok and set-value is some informational value only (perhaps the value
of the last calibration?).

One more question about the radio carrier: On startup of bsc_hack we get
the following message:

OC=RADIO CARRIER(02) INST=(00,01,ff) STATE CHG: OP_STATE=Disabled AVAIL=In test(00)

Is this normal behaviour?

Apart from all this questions, does anyone have some more hints what we
should look at? We tried different cell phones, tried switching them off
and on, but without any success.

We're using the latest git version of openbsc.

Thank you for your help!

Martin