Some questions about OpenBSC / BS-11

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Aug 31 13:27:57 UTC 2009

Hello Sergey,

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:11:26 +0400, "Sergey V. Efimoff" <risky at mail.ru> wrote:

> What type of E1 adapter do you use? If you use an accurate clock source,
> Work and Set values should be similiar (I have Set Value 1024, Work value 1023,
> and I've used Nateks E1 SDH Mux with High-Stability Stratum oscillator when
> calibrating). See http://bs11-abis.gnumonks.org/trac/wiki/isdnsync

The observed difference of "Work Value 1104" and "Set Value 1082" should
be no problem. From my measurements a difference of about 100 of those
values means about 0.1 ppm. And 0.1 ppm is good enough that most phones
should see the BS-11 and the offical networks.

I guess there is some other problem, I would also check if bs11_config
shows that the TRX is loaded. And maybe start with a configuration file
which uses only one TRX.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de