Problem with installing OpenBSC on Centos 4

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 8 09:30:18 UTC 2009

Hi

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 03:36:54PM +0200, Nordin wrote:

> I get after running "make" the following errors:
> libbsc.a(db.o)(.text+0x90d): In function `db_sms_mark_sent':
> /home/nordin/Downloads/trunk/openbsc/src/db.c:447: undefined reference to `dbi_conn_queryf'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [bsc_hack] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nordin/Downloads/trunk/openbsc/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> This is the last part of the make output.

I'd suggest you check that your version of libdbi actually provides this symbol
(use nm or objdump on the libdbi library)., and can you also check that the
library is actually linked in the final linking stage?

> Befor this I had the following error running ./configure:
> libc6-dev
> libdbi-dev
> libdbd-sqlite3 Comaplaining that these were missing.

ok, that looks fine to me.

> I installed "libdbi-dev" with yum (yum showed me: libdbi-devel.i386, so I thought it's the same)
> I than downloaded libdbd-sqlite3 from sourceforge (libdbi-drivers-0.8.3-1 <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65979&package_id=63770&release_id=581467>) and installed it too.

> Finally I downloaded libc6-dev form http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libc6-dev, but don't know what to do with it.

well, libc6-dev (sometimes glibc-dev) is the 'core' C development header files.
Without it you will not be able to compile any C program.

> Also couldn't find any usefull information on the net, except when using Debian.

Well, it seems you are the first person to try this on CentOS, so you are on
your own.