Problem with installing OpenBNC on Centos 4

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:36:54 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

I'm a bit familiar with Linux, but not heavily experienced. Anyway, I
tried to get OpenBNC working but unfortunately with no succes. After
running the commands:

aclocal
autoconf
automake --add-missing
./configure
make

I get after running "make" the following errors:
libbsc.a(db.o)(.text+0x90d): In function `db_sms_mark_sent':
/home/nordin/Downloads/trunk/openbsc/src/db.c:447: undefined reference to `dbi_conn_queryf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bsc_hack] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nordin/Downloads/trunk/openbsc/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
This is the last part of the make output.

Befor this I had the following error running ./configure:
libc6-dev
libdbi-dev
libdbd-sqlite3
Comaplaining that these were missing.

I installed "libdbi-dev" with yum (yum showed me: libdbi-devel.i386, so I thought it's the same)
I than downloaded libdbd-sqlite3 from sourceforge (libdbi-drivers-0.8.3-1 <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65979&package_id=63770&release_id=581467>) and installed it too.
Finally I downloaded libc6-dev form http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libc6-dev, but don't know what to do with it.
Also couldn't find any usefull information on the net, except when using Debian.

I use Linux distro CentOS 4.4 (server edition).
Can you please help me with this?
Thank you very much.