WG: BS-11 runs, but no Network on my Mobile

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Fri Apr 3 10:36:39 UTC 2009

 i forgot in send it to the list

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andreas.Eversberg
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. April 2009 12:27
An: 'Dieter Spaar'
Betreff: AW: BS-11 runs, but no Network on my Mobile

this is an issue i understand.

here is my idea on testing it: i derrive clock from my t-com isdn line. the line clock is provided by a gps receiver and transferred via telekom's access hardware to my isdn line. because i talk to it PTP, it keeps up layer1. (the line provides coninuous clock signal.) i will connect a 4 port isdn card to it, to get the clock. this card is interlinked to the E1 card, so the clock is provided to that card. by default, the hfc-e1 card will use crystal clock if card is in NT-mode and clock master. in slave configuration, the clock is provided from pcm interface.

i will use an oscilloscope to verify the signal with the received clock on the 4 port isdn card and on the e1 card.

line ---> card 1 ----> e1-card

      +-> card 2

on my line are two card: both are 4-port isdn cards. the second card provides one clock signal to the oscilloscope, the e1 card provide the second clock signal. so i can proove if the card 1 actually synchronize to the line clock.

so, if this works, i will try to use an hfc-pci single port card (cheap) and provide a document on how to link the E1 card to the single port card. only two clocks are required, a frame clock and a bit clock. with the right settings, both clocks are compatible.