[op25-dev] Re: r82xx_set_freq: failed=-1

justeu.badd@gmail.com [op25-dev] op25-dev at yahoogroups.com
Sat Aug 27 19:28:51 UTC 2016

Scott,

 I am using the NooElec NESDR Mini for the op25 receiver.  The first device that I bought was a cheaper one and then I bought a higher priced NooElec Mini to use with Unitrunker, the NooElec device has a lower noise floor and, it does not drift as much over time as does the cheaper model.

 To build my op25 receiver, I started with the RR forum article (circa 2014) on running op25 on Windows 7 on VM Ware. I decided to create a bootable a USB stick with GNU Radio Live SDR Environment running on Ubuntu 14.04. After establishing Ubuntu, I went back to the RR forum and used the PYBOMBS install script:

 Install the OS(assuming Ubuntu or Mint), then open a terminal session and
 Code:
 sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get update
Reboot if it asks, otherwise type the following:
 Code:
 cd ~/
git clone git://github.com/pybombs/pybombs
cd pybombs
./pybombs install gnuradio

 So, at this point I have it installed but, I continue to read more until I came across,

 This recipe has been tested on ubuntu 14.04 only, it is likely NOT to work in either 12.04 or 16.04...

First, use these commands to install the pre-reqs

 sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep gnuradio
sudo apt-get install gnuradio gnuradio-dev gr-osmosdr librtlsdr-dev libuhd-dev  libhackrf-dev libitpp-dev libpcap-dev git

 Second, use these commands to build and install OP25:   [Note, the mkdir build; cd build; cmake ../; make; sudo make install sequence is a bog-standard form when source-building apps that utilize cmake.]

 cd ~
git clone git://op25.osmocom.org/op25.git
cd op25
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

 So Scott, after I installed and understood it, I started working with the trunk.tsv and the cincy.tsv to make it work for me. That's when I got you involved.

 Mel