Help on building the OpenBTS / OsmoBTS Transceiver branch

. meursault at airmail.cc
Wed Jul 21 22:42:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to build the transceiver branch for Calypso phones. I
installed all OsmocomBB dependencies (including libosmocore) and i
sucessfully built and installed libosmo-dsp from the Git repo. My ARM
toolchain is from here:
https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads .

When building, however, the compiler fails with:

arm-none-eabi-ld:
comm/libcomm.a(msgb.o):~/trx/src/target/firmware/comm/msgb.c:35:
multiple definition of
`tall_msgb_ctx'; ../../shared/libosmocore/build-target/src/.libs/libosmocore.a(msgb.o):(.bss+0x0):
first defined here Makefile.inc:135: recipe for target
'board/compal_e88/hello_world.highram.elf' failed

I tried both sylvain/testing and jolly/testing branches.

What seems to be the problem?

Thanks!