removing ancient libosmocore fork from osmocom-bb.git

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Wed May 17 10:47:22 UTC 2017

Hi Harald and Craig,

> select.c:27:24: fatal error: sys/select.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <sys/select.h>

I have the same issue with:

gcc-arm-none-eabi         4.8.2-14ubuntu1+6
binutils-arm-none-eabi    2.24-2ubuntu2+4
libnewlib-arm-none-eabi  2.1.0-3

> * remove 'talloc emulation' from osmocom-bb and use pseudotalloc from
>  libosmocore.git (plus an embedded 'malloc' like umm_malloc)

Why do we need this hack (pseudotalloc)?
What if we could cross-compile libtalloc too, and link it against core?

> * have an (optional?) osmocom-bb makefile step to git clone + configure
>   + make install libosmocore

Great idea! What about to have libosmocore as a git submodule inside
OsmocomBB (like OpenCL headers in hashcat)?

Also, I think it would be good to make libosmocore more modular,
because it could allow us to create more flexible builds (e.g. to compile
only what we need, not a whole library). This makes sense in case of
low RAM / ROM embedded systems. What do you think?

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.