Libre baseband

Marek Sebera marek.sebera at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:54:56 UTC 2017

Hello Craig!

you're proper cool ! Do you anything of your works public already?

is it possibly this?
https://github.com/craigcomstock/osmocom-bb/tree/mt62xx
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Accelerate3g5_--_escogido

I thought about MTK chipsets as good start-point for development,
because they are less locked-down and there is bigger chance, they did
not protect ie. the DSP codes enough.

Also the dev-board (mtk6260/fernvale) what do you use specifically?

Last thing, what I'm curious about, if Librem 5 (the phone) is willing
to allocate some funds into BB(P) development and open-sourcing, because
they sure want to open the software/firmware/hardware at some point, but
so far I think, they rely more on BBP vendor to allow this, not so much
opening it up / developing them-selves.

Cheers
Marek