Usefulness of the Calypso (was Re: seL4 is open source now)

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Tue Aug 5 20:08:50 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

On 05.08.2014 21:50, Michael Spacefalcon wrote:
> That source is NOT proprietary, it is *ex*-proprietary.  It *was*
> proprietary, but not any more - it is now in the public domain.

Even though the circumstances under which this code now suddenly should
be public domain in the US are unclear to me:
There is no such thing as the public domain in most countries -
including the country where the code was written in (France) and the
country where the current entity holding the copyright resides in
(Germany).

> However, I shall leave it here -- any further replies or comments or
> questions in this thread will *not* elicit a further reply from me.

You are taking the easy way out...

Best Regards,
Steve