Pirelli DPL-10 nuttx work in progress?

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sat May 4 21:36:22 UTC 2013

Hi Craig,

On 5/3/13, Craig Comstock <craig_comstock at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So now I have nuttx console working via IRDA on my Pirelli DPL-10 phone.
> Here are my next steps... I wanted to see if anyone else was working on
> these?
>
> - port the osmocom fb driver over to a nuttx lcd driver

I worked in the LCD driver of Motorola C155 to NuttX, this is already
in the NuttX mainline.

> - get layer1 + some version of "mobile" working on the device

This is the next step to do, unfortunately me, Denis and Thomas are
not working on this currently. To do it correctly you need to
understand how layer1 works and how to implement it over a RTOS.

> - write a custom UI so this can be my daily driver

This is the last thing to do, first we need layer1/2 working inside the phone.

> - and in relation to the last item... send a finished phone w/ firmware to
> be certified by the FCC?
>
> http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/procedures.html

I don't know about FCC prices, but here in Brazil Anatel certification
is a little bit expansive (at least for me). But I think this special
case, where the physical device was already certified will be less
expansive.

> Does that sound about right? Anybody working on any of these bits? I'm not
> expecting this to happen
> overnight by any means... just expect it to be interesting and a good
> learning experience.

Surely it will be interesting, I learning much helping Denis to port
NuttX to Motorola phones.

Best Regards,

Alan