PySIM write SMSC

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 09:45:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

> I've got a stock of SIMs I bought and programmed already, but I
> unfortunately (and stupidly) forgot to set the SMSC.

What type of SIMs exactly and how did you program them ?

pySIM sets a default SMSC if you don't set one ...

> Looking at the pySim-prog, it looks like this probably isn't possible; all
> of the data seems to get bundled together and so changing the SMSC length
> will cause other data to be corrupted. Is that right? I just wanted to see
> what ya'll think would be the best way for me to remedy my particular
> stupidity.

If you look in the ccc branch of pySIM, there is a ccc-fix.py script
that was written during 27C3 for fixing SMSC on cards we wrote (at the
time pysim was creating a corrupt smsc entry).

It won't work "as-is", but you can look at the internal logic and
adapt ... essentially it read the personalization file, fix it and
rewrites it entirely.

Cheers,

    Sylvain