PySIM write SMSC

Kurtis Heimerl kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 5 04:45:56 UTC 2013

Hey Baseband,

I've got a stock of SIMs I bought and programmed already, but I
unfortunately (and stupidly) forgot to set the SMSC. This is causing me
heaps of issues, as each phone now has to have the SMSC set manually. I was
hoping to hack up a quick script which just inserts the SMSC onto the SIM
without needing to regenerate the ki or IMSI. Lining those up with my
database is rife with hazard.

Looking at the pySim-prog, it looks like this probably isn't possible; all
of the data seems to get bundled together and so changing the SMSC length
will cause other data to be corrupted. Is that right? I just wanted to see
what ya'll think would be the best way for me to remedy my particular
stupidity.

Thanks!