Decoding AMR

Akib Sayyed akibsayyed at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:54:27 UTC 2013

Thanks for Quick response.

I tried studying TSM code layer1 and Osmocom layer1 for purpose of
implementing them in cellphone it self but i as far as i know that init of
some variables required for amr are completed  but couldnt be able to
figure out what exactly part remaining .

also for decoding AMR convolution i made some changes to structures given
by sylvain. I didnt know what i was doing but gave me correct output for
encoding and decoding. but still i doubt its correctness. It would be great
if some one could comment on these files.

may be need to pay attention soon
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> Dear Akib,
>
> I think it is best if you start to read the actual relevant GSM
> specifications if you want to implement part of it.   The key word to
> search for is probably the 'active code mode set'.
>
> I will try to check specs again. i am really doubting about hysteresis
part. cause i dont know whether its needed or not while storing raw frames.
if any one know please let me know shall save my time.

> At any given point in time, there can only be a set of four active
> codecs in an AMR connection.  The codec currently used within that set
> is selected with CMI/CMR bits on the L1 of the air interface.

thanks for pointing out.

--
Akib Sayyed
Matrix-Shell