How much protection does an add-on GSM modem give me vs. built into phone ?

Peter Zotov whitequark at whitequark.org
Thu Oct 4 11:18:13 UTC 2012

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli писал 04.10.2012 15:07:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:53:08 +0400
> Peter Zotov <whitequark at whitequark.org> wrote:
>
> Did you check what the modem transport was(shared memory, high speed
> serial etc...)?
>
> Denis.

Sorry for the second letter. I just verified the GPS issue with
grindars.
He says that BP does not communicate with GPS chip directly; both UART
and GPIO of the GPS chip are connected to AP. The only thing that will
not work with BP off is GSM A-GPS, which is trivially replaced if you
have WiFi connectivity or cellular data.

--
   WBR, Peter Zotov.